By joining The Southern Co-operative you can earn a share of our profits based on your trade with The Southern Co-operative’s businesses. Members earn membership points on funerals arranged through our funeral homes as well as funeral plans, services from The Oaks Crematorium and our natural burial ground at Clayton Wood excluding third party fees. Additionally you’ll earn points from The Co-operative Florist and every time you swipe your card in one of our food stores.
Membership points can also be earned with other societies who participate in the co-operative affinity membership scheme. These include The Co-operative Group, Central England Co-operative, Midcounties Co-operative, Chelmsford Star and Radstock Co-operative.
Each year membership points are converted to a share of our profits which are paid to members in June.
In addition to earning a share of our profits, members benefit from:
- Our twice yearly member magazine (available in store and online) featuring news about the society, articles, recipes and exclusive giveaways.
- Member trips to some of the producers behind our popular Local Flavours range are organised on a localised basis.
- Access to member promotions and offers for products and services offered by The Southern Co‑operative and from our partners (where email communications are agreed).
As a member you have a voice in our business*:
- Have your say on who represents you on The Southern Co-operative’s Board of Directors by voting in our election. If you meet the minimum skills levels for Directors set out in our Board Charter you can even stand as a candidate in the election.
- Our Annual General Meeting and Members’ Convention gives you the opportunity to meet other members, hear more about the society’s various activities and trading performance, raise questions with our Board of Directors and our Leadership Team and vote on matters such as the distributions made to members, colleagues and our local communities.
Join online or by calling our Member Support team on 0800 6520 124
* Members must be at least 16 years of age and have held membership for at least 6 months to hold democratic rights.