Regular coffee, care and cake group are continuing to offer free support to all individuals who have lost a loved one.
The monthly groups are organised by Southern Co-op’s Bereavement Centre and offer individuals the opportunity to meet others in a similar situation, in an informal and friendly setting.
Current coffee, care and cake group are held in Frome, Warmister, Fareham, Farnborough, Bognor Regis, Lake, Telscombe and Hassocks.
There will also be new groups starting soon in Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Havant and Basingstoke.
Ingrid McAllister-Derry, Bereavement Centre Manager and Counsellor, said: “We created the support groups to be inclusive and available to everyone – regardless of whether you are a customer of Southern Co-op.
“Bereavement can be a very lonely journey, even if you have people all around you. The group is deliberately informal. It brings people together who are in a similar situation and who understand what you may also be going through.
“It is intended to be relaxed and comfortable but with the opportunity to talk to a counsellor over coffee and cake or arrange a separate counselling appointment if this would help.”
The coffee, care and cake groups are open to everyone in the community and are free to attend.
Upcoming Coffee, Care and Cake groups are:
• Frome: Second Monday of each month from 10am-12pm at Frome Medical Practice, in Enos Way, BA11 2FH
• Warmister: Second Monday of each month from 1.30pm -3pm at Warmister Civic Centre, in Sambourne Road, BA12 8LB
• Fareham: First Wednesday of each month from 1pm -3pm at Community Action, 163 West Street, PO16 0EF
• Telscombe: Second Wednesday of each month from 10am-12pm at Telscombe Civic Centre, 360 South Coast Road, BN10 7ES
• Farnborough: First Thursday of each month from 10:30am-12pm at Southern Co-op Funeralcare, 68 Victoria Road, GU14 7PH
• Isle of Wight: Second Thursday of each month from 10:30am -12pm at Southern Co-op Funeralcare, No.1 Fairway, Lake, PO36 9EE
• Hassocks: Last Thursday of each month from 10am-12pm at Clayton Wood Natural Burial Ground, in Brighton Road, BN6 9PD
• Bognor Regis: Fourth Friday of each month from 10am-11:30am at Laburnham Centre, in Lyon Street, PO21 1UX
To find out more, click here or call 07834 449069.